NEW PULP PRESS IS NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
Please read all the details below carefully.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We like gritty, edgy crime fiction. Stories that are noir and transgressive. Tales of madness, murder and mayhem. Adventure tales laced with sex and dark humor. One off stories and series characters. Tales larger than life and darker than sin. Most importantly we are looking for great writing that takes us to places we’ve never been before!!!
- Your work should be between 50,000 and 85,000 words. Written in Word, double spaced, using 12 pt. New Times Roman font.
- Your work should be fully edited in the sense that you have done all that is necessary and possible to make you work polished, literate and error free.
- If you’re anal retentive by nature, this may mean you can do this yourself. Otherwise, before you submit your manuscript it should be edited by a professional. We are a small press and do not have the resources to provide any material amount of editing of your work. So if your submission does not arrive carefully edited, chances are it will get rejected out of hand.
- Submit your work in Word as an attachment to your email. Also attach in Word a brief synopsis (no more than two pages) and a one page bio including publishing history and where you studied writing.
- On the subject line of your email, include the title of the work, your name and the words Open Submission:
Macbeth by John Doe - Open Submission
- Send your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retain a backup copy of your manuscript, as we are not responsible for lost submissions.
- New Pulp Press does not accept manuscripts that are submitted to multiple publishers at the same time. Should we become aware that you have done so, we will cease consideration of your manuscript and refuse to review future submissions.